Social Media Win or Fail: Lagavulin Scotch
This month on Social Media Win or Fail: Lagavulin Scotch
This was a huge win for Lagavulin Scotch:
Why was this a win?
- It was a low budget ad that has easily garnered 2 million views in the first week of it being posted online.
- I counted well over 15 major news outlets that did a story on the video. (FREE PRESS!)
- It capitalizes on Nick Offerman’s character from Parks and Rec Ron Swanson’s love for this brand of Whiskey. This brings in two audiences: Nick Offerman fans, and Parks and Rec fans. Brilliant cross reach.
- People will probably play this in their homes, on their computers and tvs, during the holiday season. People will willing play this AD in their homes for fun this holiday.
- Because of the way its shared, there is no cost in hosting. Only production costs here. Zero cost in distribution.
What an amazing win for this smaller brand of scotch!